DO YOU HAVE A HEARING LOSS?
The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that hearing loss affects more than 250 million people worldwide. But how can you tell if you are one of them? Early signs may be subtle. Your friend or partner may often repeat herself, or you may have difficulty hearing at a party or family gathering. As your hearing loss gets worse, it will be more difficult to understand the world around you. Its important to take action now.
Look for these hearing loss signs:
- Difficulty understanding people, especially in crowded places like restaurants
- Need to have phrases repeated
- High volume on the TV or stereo
- Difficulty hearing on the phone
- Difficulty following group conversations